A great snack particularly for the unlucky who have egg and cows milk protein/dairy allergies. Egg and dairy free cooking has become an unexpected focus of mine ever since my son was diagnosed with allergies. I look forward to sharing more of my favourite recipes.
In these muffins I used home grown bananas and mulberries! Yummy!
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup mulberries (or other berries of your choice)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (why not try wholemeal flour as a nutritious alternative)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C and grease/line muffin tin.
- Mash bananas and mulberries (or leave them mostly whole).
- Stir in sugar.
- Stir in oil.
- Add dry ingredients and stir into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add mixture to muffin tray.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins depending on your oven.
- Enjoy the delectable dietetics moment…
Be sure to join us in our community the Nutrition Empowered Mums Facebook Group for support around improving your nutrition and being a great role model for your kids.
- Chocolate cake – Egg and dairy free!
- Vanilla birthday cake recipe – Egg and dairy free!
- 3 Tips for living well with egg and cow’s milk allergies
- Celebrating Well For Kids With Allergies
- Dear Diary: My experiences travelling, eating and speaking Japanese