I love this recipe as it is so easy and versatile. My friends and family love to eat it. I substitute mango for fruit I feel like and what’s in season. My favourite version of this recipe uses soursop fruit. Because I have a little bit of frozen mango left over from last season and no ripe soursop fruit, it makes sense to satisfy my taste of cheesecake with this mango version.
- 1 packet of sweet plain biscuits (I find Arnott’s Nice or Scotch Finger work well…You could also try a chocolate biscuit base)
- 1/3 cup margarine melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 400g can of condensed milk
- 2 x 250g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup of mango (or other fruit) + a bit for decorating the top just before you place in oven.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C and grease cake tin.
- In the food processor break down the biscuits to large crumbs.
- Add melted margarine to biscuits and further mix until you are happy with crumb size.
- Transfer mixture into greased cake tin and use hands to form an even base. Set aside.
- In the same clean food processor or cake mixer add the eggs, condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon juice and mango. Mix well until well combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into biscuit base.
- Decorate with leftover mango.
- Cook in the oven for about 30-40 mins until set/cooked.
- Enjoy this delectable dietetic moment!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share on facebook, twitter or pinterest.
Be sure to join us in our community the Nutrition Empowered Mums Facebook Group for support around improving your nutrition and being a great role model for your kids.