To add to last week’s post sharing the Vanilla cake recipe, I am going to share a similar chocolate version. I made this for my eldest son’s birthday this year and again this cake was so delicious and moist. The cake really did taste like a cake that contains egg and dairy (milk).
The Chocolate Cake below is the work of Australia allrecipes.
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 2 cups (440g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups (500ml) cold water
Preparation: 20min › Cook: 40min
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, bicarb soda and cocoa together into a 20x30cm ungreased cake tin. Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second and vanilla into third well. Pour cold water over all and stir well with a fork.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Ice with your favourite icing.
This cake was delectably delicious! I encourage you to share this recipe with your friends with and without egg and/or cow’s milk protein allergies.
Be sure to join us in our community the Nutrition Empowered Mums Facebook Group for support around improving your nutrition and being a great role model for your kids.