Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Rice.
This is definitely my go-to-meal when I need a quick meal, haven’t put much thought into dinner or I’m lacking inspiration in the kitchen. Yes, that’s right it, it, unfortunately, happens to the best of us. I love this stir-fry as I always feel satisfied. It ticks all the boxes for me as a busy mum and dietitian:
- little skill required after a hard day’s play and work
- nutritious – containing protein, fibre and carbohydrates (plus the many micronutrients…) that keep me satiated all night long.
Serves: 4 Time: 30 mins (includes preparation and cooking time)
Veggie serve per person: 3
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 cups or large bowl full of veggies (whatever is in season and you prefer)
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs chilli sauce
- Rice (brown rice/long grain/basmati are lower in GI compared to standard white rice which will keep you fuller for longer)
- Cook rice – I boiled water in a large saucepan and added rice. Stir regularly for about 10-15 minutes until al dente. Use a rice cooker if you have one.
- Prepare veggies (wash, slice and dice). Place in a bowl.
- Dice the raw chicken. Place in a separate bowl.
- Heat wok or large saucepan on a high temperature. Add peanut oil, garlic and chilli and cook stirring for a minute or so until the garlic has softened.
- Add the raw chicken. Cook almost all the way through.
- Add the veggies, soy sauce and chilli sauce. Turn heat down to a medium setting. Stir regularly whilst cooking so the ingredient cook evenly and don’t burn. Once vegetable are cooked al dente and chicken is thoroughly cooked through, the dish is ready – Add on top of rice.
- Enjoy this delectable dietetics moment with family!
If you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe share it on social media.
Be sure to join us in our community the Nutrition Empowered Mums Facebook Group for support around improving your nutrition and being a great role model for your kids.