Body acceptance is the act of living your life in the body you have whilst not trying to change it.
A prerequisite for body acceptance is body respect.
The process of accepting your body will look different between people.
How will I know I have accepted my body? What does body acceptance:
Confidence radiates out of you.
No diet talk and putting down your body or others
A range of flavours as you give 100% permission to enjoy a variety of foods regardless of nutritional content.
Here is a list of key factors to consider when working on accepting your body:
- Get rid of the scales.
- Accept that bodies are all different – Stop comparing yourself!
- Acknowledge what your body can do and has done for you.
- Set boundaries (online and in person – cleanse your social media feed and avoid fat-talk).
- Find body-neutral inspirational people/mantras.
- Set health-related goals not weight-loss or body changing-related goals.
- Practise gratitude.
- Practice self-kindness – decrease self-judgement, negative self-talk.
- Live life now how you want to live it.
- Practice mindfulness of body.
- See a non-diet dietitian.
What could you work on today? What has helped you to accept your body? Leave a comment.
For support, contact me, or if DIY is more your style, grab a copy of ‘30 Days to a Better Relationship With Food and Body’ ebook.