The Non-Diet Approach
Welcome to the non-diet approach, the compassionate scientific evidence-based approach to improving your nutrition and health.
Are you struggling with knowing what to eat?
Do you feel guilt and shame around eating and your body?
Are your thoughts preoccupied with food, your body and health?
The Non-Diet Approach Helps You To Stop:
- Believing your body is not good enough.
- Dieting (restricting and/or depriving yourself of food).
The Non-Diet Approach Helps To:
- Understand that dieting to lose weight is ineffective and damaging. Weight loss from dieting cannot be maintained in most people beyond 1-5 years.
- Understand that dieting makes you heavier in the long-term.
- Understand that weight alone does not equal health.
- Increase body satisfaction.
- Improve dietary intake.
- In most cases stabilise weight.
- Overcome non-hungry eating and binge eating disorder.
- Improve health with nutrition by focusing on positive eating and lifestyle behaviours.
- View eating as flexible and enjoyable, and welcomes all food.
- Reconnect with your appetite. This is called intuitive eating.
- Accept and trust yourself.
- Helps to improve your energy levels and diet related medical condition(s), including high cholesterol, blood sugar levels.
- Nurture your relationship with food and body (and life!).
What is a Positive Relationship with Food?
A positive relationship with food is one where you are not constantly thinking or worrying about what or what not to eat. A wide variety of food is enjoyed without feeling guilt or shame.
What is a Positive Relationship with Body?
You have a positive relationship with your body if you can appreciate all the wonderful things your body does and can do, without thinking you need to change your body with dieting and/or weight loss.
You move your body in ways you enjoy without thinking you need to exercise to make up for what you ate or to change your body or lose weight.
The non-diet approach is a gentle and compassionate way to care for you. A dietitian specialising in the non-diet approach will help you to eating intuitively again, whilst taking into consideration the circumstances in your life. You will know when you are hungry, when you are comfortably full, and what you feel like eating without always thinking about food.
Watch this 1 minute video:
Hi! I’m Natalie Thompson, a non-dieting Accredited Practising Dietitian passionate about inspiring positive changes in eating and lifestyle behaviours to help improve health whilst nurturing relationships with food and body.
I help mums who struggle with nutrition and body image and worry about the impact they have on their children discover the joy in eating and make peace with food and their beautiful body whilst being the role model they imagine for their children, focusing on compassionately nourishing the mind, body and spirit of themselves and their children.
If you are looking for a supportive community filled with like-minded people striving to improve their health in a compassionate way, come join us in the Nutrition Empowered Mums Facebook Group.
- The ABCs of Nutrition – Nutrition basics 101
- Normal eating checklist: What does it mean to eat normally?
- Why I don’t focus on weight: Celebrating #AHHW
- The What, Why, When, How and Where of ‘Nutrition Intuition’ explained
- How do I non-diet? 7 key factors that will change your life for the better
- 4 Mindset Changes Away From Weight Loss
- How to build a positive relationship with food
- 5 nutrition tips to improve your sleep and metabolism: Extra tips for shift workers
- What to do about kids who are picky eaters
- This is What 3 Year Olds Said About Nutrition and Health
>>>Receive the FREE Newsletter<<<
And also receive the bonus:
‘Feed Your Family: Healthy Eating Made Easy checklist’